We offer advice to both Employers and Employees on the workplace relationship. There is a significant body of legislation covering many aspects of Employment and it can be difficult for Employers and Employees to keep up to date.
Often parties get conflicting or out of date advice from various sources. Therefore we frequently provide advice on non-contentious employment issues in order that the party understands not only their rights but also their obligations.
Non-Contentious Employment Law
- Drafting employment contracts, severance agreements and HR policies/procedures
- Advising on human resources including recruitment, reorganisations, rationalisations, incentives and terminations
- Assisting with compliance, in particular with grievance, disciplinary, harassment and bullying procedures, and representation where required.
- Advising employers in proactive anticipation of employment law issues, implementing new legislation and managing difficult employees
- Advising on transfer of undertakings and outsourcing issues
- Advising in relation to health and safety matters generally
- Attending internal workplace hearings
Contentious Employment Law
- Pursuing and defending claims before Rights Commissioners, the Employment Appeals Tribunal, the Labour Court, the Equality Tribunal and the Civil Courts
- Civil Court litigation includes – Recovery of wages, injunction applications, breach of contract claims, restrictive covenant/confidentiality enforcement, personal injury actions for stress and bullying, injury at the workplace
Unfortunately, difficulties may not be resolved and the issues become contentious. We can advice clients as to bringing or defending a claim and guide them through the process. We provide representation at hearings and court where necessary.
Contact Deirdre Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.